In the Realm of the Mythical Mountain Gorilla
In the magnificent scenery of Volcanoes National Park, one of the two last sanctuaries for the mythical mountain gorillas in the world, you hike through the mountain forests in search of the peaceful giants, in the footsteps of the legendary Dian Fossey.
Your accomodation: Bisate Lodge
Your exclusive programme:
Welcome at the lodge and first exploration
- Vintage cars and hike around the private estate.
- Introduction to the program of the following days by your dedicated staff and naturalist guide.
- Go for a walk to the nearby village with a private guide to meet the local people, or just enjoy time at leisure.
- Sundowner (aperitif at sunset) on the terrace of the lodge in front of a stunning view before savoring a gourmet dinner.
First encounter with gorillas
- At sunrise, your naturalist guide (who is a primate specialist) will join you and lead you to the park entrance in a private group in order to start the trek.
- Hike through gorgeous bamboo and Hagenia forests in search of one of the gorilla groups (pre-selected with your guide), for an encounter of indescribable intensity. For the well being of the gorillas, your encounter is limited to one hour at a maximum.
Second encounter with gorillas
- After these incredible moments, back to your lodge, you enjoy the different activities proposed.
- Two encounters with mountain gorillas in their natural environment are included during your stay. Each hike can last from 2 to 8 hours depending on the location of the gorilla group.
On the footsteps of Dian Fossey
- In the morning, at the organic garden of the lodge, you will have the opportunity to plant ‚your‘ tree and learn more about sustainability projects in the area.
- Visit of the Dian Fossey exhibition with a private guide before heading back to Kigali airport.