Luxury cruise, in search of polar bears
Enter one of the most magical and virgin places on Earth on a cruise around the Arctic. Marvel at the gorgeous scenery filled with glaciers, snow caps, and fields of ice which are home to walruses and polar bears. Your exclusive cruise is a unique opportunity for you to explore this breath-taking kingdom of whiteness and calm on board a high end polar cruise ship.
Your ship: Polar Front
Robust enough to endure the harshest arctic sea and weather conditions in full safety, your former meteorological research ship has been refurbished into a luxury yacht that allows for an intimate experience of the northernmost areas of the archipelago. Eight large and cozy cabins are available, as well as a sauna, a fitness room, a high-end restaurant, and observation decks equipped with an outside hot tub and 360° views of some of our world’s most stunning scenery.
Your exclusive programme:
Welcome on board your polar ship
- Welcome on board your chartered ship by your crew members, discovery of the vessel and your living spaces on board.
- Enjoy a glass of champagne for a welcome drink.
- Start sailing towards Nordvest-Spitsbergen National Park.
- Enjoy dinner while being briefed on the cruise programme by your English speaking guide, who is an expert in polar environments.
In search of polar bears
- Sail along untamed landscapes of outstanding natural beauty, looking for polar bears, birds, seals, walruses, etc.
- The Svalbard archipelago hosts the highest density of polar bears in the world. Depending on the time of year, you may have the opportunity to watch bears hunting, getting about, mothers playing with their cubs...
Breathtaking scenery, polar wildlife and activities
- Choose to participate in different activities: hiking, explorations in zodiacs, kayaking, fishing, etc. Lectures are also regularly given on board.
- As to guarantee a maximum safety level, all landings aimed at watching wild animals are led by experienced expedition leaders and naturalist guides specialized in polar conditions.
- Depending on the evening’s program, you will enjoy a 'cocktail on ice', a gorgeous dinner prepared by your private chef… or other surprises offered by the crew.
Return to Longyearbyen
- On the way back, enjoy the services on board, such as an outdoor hot tub, or keep on admiring the breathtaking arctic scenery.
- End of cruise at Longyearbyen.
- *Note: itinerary is subject to weather conditions and activities can vary according to local requirements