Luxury cruise, in the search of the polar bear
Enter into one of the most magical and virgin places on Earth during a cruise around the Arctic Ocean. Wonder at the gorgeous scenery of glaciers and snow caps, of ice fields haunted by seals and polar bears. Your exclusive cruise is for you a unique opportunity to explore this remote corner of our planet on board a high end polar boat.
Your boat: Polar Front
Solid enough to resist the harshest polar sea conditions, whatever the prevailing weather conditions and in full safety, your former meteorological ship refurbished into a luxury yacht allows you to discover the northernmost areas of the archipelago in full intimacy. Eight large and cosy cabins are available, as well as a sauna, a fitness room, a high-class restaurant and observation bridges equipped with outside jacuzzi and allowing 360° viewing.
Your exclusive programme:
Welcome on board your polar ship
- Welcome on board your chartered ship by your crew members, discovery of the vessel and your living spaces on board.
- Enjoy a glass of champagne as welcome drink.
- Start of sailing towards Nordvest-Spitsbergen National Park.
- Enjoy dinner while being briefed on the program of the cruise by your English speaking guide, expert on the polar environments.
In search of the polar bear
- Sailing across untamed landscapes of outstanding natural beauty, looking for polar bears, birds, seals, walruses, etc.
- The Svalbard archipelago hosts the highest density of polar bears in the world. Depending on the period, you may have the opportunity to watch bears hunting, moving, mothers playing with their cubs…
Breathtaking sceneries, polar wildlife and activities
- Choose to participate in different activities: hiking, explorations in zodiacs, kayaking, fishing, etc. Lectures are also regularly given on board.
- As to guarantee a maximum safety level, all landings aimed at watching wild animals are led by experienced expedition leaders and naturalist guides specialized in polar conditions.
- Depending on the program of every evening, you will enjoy a ‘cocktail on ice‘, a gorgeous dinner prepared by your private chef… or other surprises offered by the crew.
Return to Longyearbyen
- On the way back, enjoy the services on board, such as outdoor jacuzzi, or keep on admiring the breathtaking arctic scenery.
- End of cruise at Longyearbyen.